This resource aims to build the capacity of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) workers and organisations to better support clients with complex needs, with a particular focus on cognitive impairment and criminal justice contact. A number of topics will be added over time to this course. Current topics include:
- What we mean by complex needs and why it's important for AOD workers to consider it in their and their organisations practice
- What cognitive impairment is and how you can identify it
- Strategies that you can implement in your practice
The e-learning resource is supported by a :
- Hardcopy resource - Complex Needs Capable: A practice guide for drug and alcohol workers (2013)
- Website - http://www.complexneedscapable.org.au/.
Who should complete this course?
Front line staff and managers working in alcohol and other drug service provision should complete this course. Prior understanding of alcohol and other drug misuse and treatment is assumed.